Monday 5 September 2011

Feng Shui my Life


This is the kind of loser-y shit I text my boyfriend when he's away on tour to say good luck for a gig... 
The cheese was the most suitable image for this post though..

I hate September. I always find that the moment September arrives the sky immediately gets darker early and it starts to immediatly rain more and you can just tell that summer is gone gone gone - and summer was shit this year anyway! Apart from a beautiful holiday I don't feel like I enjoyed any sun at all. 

Anyway - I have a tendency to get the post summer blues when it starts to get dark and so I'm on a mission to avoid that happening this year by having a little bit of a life Feng Shui to remove all the clutter, carry on with my projects and get fit.

I started by having a ruthless cull of my wardrobe yesterday which did not make me feel calm when my room ended up like this -


But I ended up with FIVE bags of clothes to throw out (yes I was very ruthless!) one huge bag of summer clothes to put in the loft (sob sob) and another bag of nicer stuff to give away to friends and put on eBay. My room is still full of bags and shoe boxes but once I have cleared them away my de-clutter will be sorted.

During the wardrobe cull I stopped to take a break and went to a street dance class with my friend Amy (she features a lot in my behind the scenes images for Little Wing - awesome make up artist, check her out here). A little fact about me is that years ago (for about 12 years) I danced a lot - to the point I was going to go to stage school and try to start a career as a performer (I will put a hilarious video of me dancing on the Michael Barrymore show online one day - if I ever work out how to do it!). But I quit to explore the qualifications route which I think in the end was the best choice but whenever I talk about dancing I feel really sad! So I was overjoyed to go to a dance class again - first in about six years! Street dance wasn't my strongest point - I was more of a jazz and lyrical dancer, but it's always enjoyable. And the dance was to Moves Like Jagger, what could be better on a Sunday afternoon. My muscles are KILLING me today though. 

To extend my new plan to get fit and remove my newly formed flab I have also joined the gym. Like dancing, I haven't been to the gym in years and I used to really enjoy it. It's true - exercise gives you endorphins! So I'm hoping the monthly expense of the membership will motivate me to get my arse in gear and not be lazy.

Finally, I plan to get a move on with Little Wing Bridal and have put some shoots and wedding fair dates in the diary for the winter, woohoo.

I'm hoping all of this will keep me occupied enough that I won't give a shit about the darkness and cold outside. Until Christmas, I love the cold at Christmas :)... agh man I can't wait until Christmas!

No comments: