Sunday 8 August 2010

You can close your eyes

Don't you ever just long for a simpler time? I was looking at an old school book of mine from when I was about five or six the other day. Every day I had written about what I had done and drew a picture to go with it. One day in particular made me feel so sad, something along the lines of "Later on I played with my toys, then mummy played with me and I had my tea and went to bed."

Obviously not the most exciting of days by adult standards, but I felt really sad to think of how innocent and happy those days were before the time of stressful jobs, no time to yourself, worry and anxiety. That's life though eh, this is what inevitably faces you and unfortunately I'm not one of those people who can easily take life in their stride and feel positive about everything.

This is how I usually feel on a Sunday, when another week of work is looming. But I have so much to look forward to, the world is my oyster and there is so much I plan to do but there are always obstacles and let downs. Ahh well, I know I will pull something out of the bag soon, I usually manage to :).


Joni and James are always best for moods like this




No comments: