Sunday 15 August 2010

Keef

I have so much respect for Keith Richards. Up with Marianne and Jimi he is one my ultimate idols. I don't really like the word idol but I can't think of a better word right now. Eagerly anticipating the release of his autobiography in October. 


Jagger may have inspired the licks logo and may be the front man but the song writing talent lies with Keith. He is one of only true rhythm and blues artists left, you'll never get another like him. And the rare time you hear him sing - he may be a bit 'iffy' but that's what makes him so brilliant, in my opinion. 


I find something so fabulous about him too, and I find him highly quotable. Like in 'Gimme Shelter' when they arrive at the hotel "Is anybody in, is my local groupie in? Hello darrrrling, how are you?!". And of course this:



I often find myself quoting "Ohh what to wearrr?!" - haha brilliant! And of course it goes without saying that Keith is (one of) the kings of style rightt?




Finally, wanted to share a song I'm completely in love with at the moment. Originally from the 'Voodoo Lounge' album, I have it on repeat. Keith goes country, and it's perfect. 


No comments: