Saturday 17 April 2010

plundered my soul

It makes me really happy that the Rolling Stones are still releasing music. For those who don't know me, I have a great fascination/perhaps obsession with 60s/70s/80s rock n roll and generally dislike the music that's around today - the majority of it seems so contrived, samey and try hard. They don't make 'em like they used to that's for sure. The Stones released a statement earlier in the year to say they were not going to play any gigs this year. Damn. Next year? Please?!


I had a big twang of envy recently when my dad was telling stories from back in the day when we was hanging backstage with Hawkwind and Thin Lizzy. Hawkwind are playing at Guilfest this year though, so will have to go along to that and I also have Download and Sonisphere lined up for the summer - Alice Cooper, Aerosmith, ACDC, Saxon, Billy Idol - oh God I just can't wait. I'm going with my good friend Lucy, we always have the best fun at festivals, I reckon this year will be the best yet.




1 comment:

Rich Hippie said...

argh was ment to go to download!!!....had exams though